Newbie To Wild Dog Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Funjansdad

Good morning all. Thank you for the acceptance to your site. Whilst I'm a newbie to this site, I have been riding motor cycles for the better party of 35 years.

My first bike was the obligatory Honda MB50 whilst at school....... Freedom from parents fetching and carrying  8) This was followed by a rebuilt RD350, a Honda XR200r, XT500, TT600 and then moved to road bikes with a CBX1000 Supersport. This was my daily ride until thye quad bike scene bit me in 1991 whilst on the Bike SA Desert Run as a backup driver. The sight and sound of the Banshees climbing dune 2 was awe inspiring. Came home and immediately bought my first Banshee. A few mods later and it was time to start the off road racing with her. This progressed to racing oval track, then onto drag racing it at Wesbank raceway. Never happy with the performance, until after boring the barrels to 3 oversize Blaster pistons, stroked the crank 6mm and displaced the barrels 3mm we were on a 520cc. Now was the time to fit the nitro...... I still have that bike. Around now was when the 450cc Yammies YFZ came out, so bought one, modified like crazy and went racing again. This bike was soon followed up with a Honda TRX 450 complete Lonestar race bike.....

I bought a KTM Duke as my daily run around bike back in about 2007. Still have her, and done less than 6000km. Last year I got a new BMW LC K50. I was hooked on it, and even though I still have 4 x seriously modified quads in my garage, I will never ride a quad bike off road again. Many problems later with the bike, I traded it in for a 2014 K50. Much better handling etc. but the problems started again, and I have just flipped it out for a new BMW GSA K52. I can now only hope that there will be no issues with this one...........

Latest posts