This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone,

Newbie here - great to read your touring stories and photos, the homesickness levels are at an all time high.

I currently ride and Aprilia but it's under wraps at the moment until the temperatures rise and the ice thaws out.

Anyway - I'll be in Cape Town for two weeks from the 6th March and am planning to do a ride from CT to Plett and spend a few days up there before coming back. Although I've driven that route many many times in the car, it will be a first on the bike. In fact, it'll be a first for me riding a bike in SA at all (if you don't count the teenage years on the ol DT50 Very Happy ). Any hints and tips, warnings and dangers? I'll be riding on my own and meeting up at points with my bro and old man who will be in a car.

Also - can anyone recommend a place to hire riding gear? I'm trying to limit the amount of stuff I take with me on the plane, but if rental gear is of second rate, then I'd rather take my own gear.

And finally, if anyone is keen for a spin to Plett on the morning of the 13th March - I would relish the company.

Thanking in advance and looking forward to the big sky!

Tom