Nog 'n Capie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofmaniak

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Howzit Wild Dogs! Iâ??m Stofmaniak from Cape Town. The name is based on the fact that I usually ride at the back of the pack and sometimes eat a lot of dust in the process. I heard about you guys a year or so ago from my friend Grondpad, but only joined in June this year after checking things out a few times. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. It took me a while to figure out how things work around the forum. I checked it out a lot in silence, enyoyed the ride reports a lot and think some of the pictures are awesome (wish I was there). So, I think it's about time to stop being only a "roofkyker" and join in on the fun.

I started riding again 2 years ago with a Yammie XT660, while my buddies were riding Dakars or GS650's at the time. When almost everyone upgraded to GS1200's it became difficult to keep up (on tar, anyway) and in Feb 2007 I upgraded to a 1200 GSA (that's when I moved to the back of the pack). On dirt I was a bit more confident on the lighter XT, but I am slowly catching up with the big pig. Any combination of me, Grondpad, Ice and some 3 other friends usually do trips once a month or so (come sun or rain). We love the dirt and back roads in the Karoo, Cederberge and all around within reach of a weekend trip, but are still virgins on the "red route" stuff.

I'm booked for the GSC, but unfortunately it seems that I won't be able to make it this year. I might even be forced to sell my beauty .......... , but I still hope for a miracle so that I can keep her and continue on some new adventures. Whatever the case may be, I will be riding again!

Latest posts