• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Not for sale anymore My Monster for sale, Unique GSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GG

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Monster for sale, 2006 GSA 105 000 km’s ;
This bike has been equipped for serious touring enduro style touring (check list below) including 21 inch front, steering dampers, Ohlins suspension. I have had it from brand new and my wife and I have toured Southern Africa on everything from goat paths to gravel highways. I’ve done some hard solo riding and there is arguably not a GSA as well equipped and as capable.

Unlike most wives mine thinks I’m absolutely mad to sell it, the memories and travels on this bike are legend.. do some searches here to see the monster in action!  

It has a few scratches as well earned scars of this but the late Beemerman rebuilt and repainted the bike at 100k so cosmetically and mechanically its very sound.  Reason for selling – a) bought a 1190 R, b) also own a 690, c) cannot justify keeping it just for sentimental reasons, this bike must be out there exploring!  Pictures don’t do it justice, grown men have trembled in this bikes presence, girls get all teary and want to leap onto it !

Current state below, painted white

If you're vertically challenged and don't intend doing some gravel don't look at this bike!  If you want a touring endouro to go anywhere, one or two up, this is it!  

Accessories;
21 inch front (also have 19 inch as part of package)
HID lights – high and low beam
Scott steering damper
Ohlin suspension front and rear
Akropovic double pipe full system from headers (make awesome sound and got vooma)
Protective covers – brake and clutch, headlight, headlight shade, oil cooler
Sump guard – proper one!
Pot crash bars
Spotlight upper bar conversion
Short clutch and brake levers (adjustable)
Touratech sport seat (have originals as well)
Wunderlich front discs, rear disc new, replaced 3000km’s ago
BMW aluminum panniers & top box (panniers good condition, top box been banged about a bit)
GSA tank bag & handlebar bag
Zumo 660 cradle
Handlebar raisers
Additional Hella and cig lighter points

Full service history at Northside BMW.
Rubberized tank & hand guards
80 % Mitas E07 front and rear tyres

All this for R 85 000, slightly negotiable to deserving appreciative home.  Also happy to look at an option of price without some extras.