Old biker, new traveller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi all
I'm a 40 year veteran biker who took off in May 2007 to ride around the world. So far I have covered Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Ushuaia in Argentina, with lots of side trips, so to do the 22 000 km route I rode 58 000 km. Countries travelled: Canada, USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, Anarctica.
I rode a F650 GS with no problems apart from two crashes (Mexico and Chile) and ripping the rear shock out of the swingarm in Ecuador. The repair cost $ 15 for the welding and $ 20 for the labour, with an oil change thrown in.
I am back in SA for 6 months writing up my diary and collecting some of my photos into a book. I took over 25 000 pics, of which at least 100 are worthwhile.
In September I head off up the east coast, hope to ride across North Africa and back down the west. So far a Kiwi guy is coming along, any others may be welcome to join us for all or some of the trip.
Most of my trip is covered on my website: www.vagamoto.com.
I'm keen to meet/ride with any like minded souls.
David

Attachments

• WD 1.jpg
    WD 1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 90
  • WD 2.jpg
    WD 2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Wd 3.jpg
    Wd 3.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 84
  • WD 4.jpg