Old new dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hi all.  I have registered a while ago and asked a question and was growled by the rest of the pack for not introducing myself.  The leader showed teeth and the other dogs baked off.  Here is the long overdue introduction.  I ride a KTM 690 and due to family pressures and good kitsurfing winds in my vallei, my rides are normally planned last minute, with not too many riders joining in.  I do mostly lone riding (I know .......) but have met some of you guys on some rides.  I am new to adventure riding and I go slow, by profession I am trained to be conservative and I am deemed a rebel in my profession but I love adventures. My adventure have to date remain around the Cedarberg, Sutherland and West Coast regions. However I did a long trip to the Gariep Dam in December on all the back roads, Cedarberg, Merweville, Beaufort West, New Bethesda, Prince Albert etc.  That was a 3000km adventure in 4 days, riding alone.  What an adventure! I hope to meet more of the pack in my future adventures and if I go riding, even with short notice I will let the dogs know.  There might be another one or two that could join in last minute.