Ordering a doohickey but EISH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whazzatt

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Howdy. Just joined the forum (hello!) because I just got an '05 KLR 650 with 27000 on the clock. The fugly red donkey I believe from reading posts; indeed.

Bike is in okay condition but I want to do a service asap, as well as the doo. The only guy I have been able to find in PE who can do the doo will drain the oil (as opposed to leaning the bike over on its right side), so the doo must be done first. So I'm very eager to get the doo ordered.

BUT, how to go about the order? Eagle-mike for a pretty penny, or the SA parts supplier for considerably cheaper?

The eagle-mike route (basic lever kit, torsion spring, and rotor belt) will set me back over R1500 after postage, and it'll take a while to get here (IF it gets here, what with the SA postal service being what it is).

The local Kawasaki parts supplier... well, I was not exactly left feeling confident after the chat. Said that their Kawasaki replacement part (lever + spring) is good quality, the same as that in the 2008 and later models - but I've frequently read that these are kak quality and also need replacing. The guy didn't know about the torsion spring either. I tried getting their quote on the job too but this information did not get conveyed in the end.

So it seems the eagle-mike option is the way to go unless someone can advise me otherwise?

Thanks,
dave