Overnight Karoo Get to Know You Extravaganza (Feb - March 07

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frik

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hello all you dirty dogs !

As noted I'm a Johnny come lately to this dirty business of Wild Dogs & thought it could very well be a memorable occasion to get together a large group of likeminded people for an overnigt extravaganza somewhere in the Karoo.

My thoughts on the issue are as follows:

- If I'm not going to do at least one weekend's worth of good riding between Easter & now then I'm going to loose my sense of humour and personality altogether. ( A lot of people will argue that I had little to start with in any event..) But one can't take chances on these things....

- Due to time constraints / finances / family etc the easiest project to get approval from Local Government & Family Affairs would be to depart early on a Saturday morning & do a loop into the Karoo & overnight somewhere. Return on the Sunday & be home at about 3 pm.

- Suggested Saturday distance about 600 ~ 700 km but loop back towards Cape Town so the distance on Sunday is less

- Suggested route is to enter the Karoo at Karoo Poort between Ceres & Sutherland. Then up to Calvinia / Niewoudville / Williston & possibly overnight in Middlepos. Or something like that.

- The route is flexible as I'm sure there are many of you that can make some good suggestions in this regard and perhaps the dogs with HP 2's & GS 1200's would like to suggest a slower route so they can keep up with the rest.

- Likewise for the dates as I think there are a number of weekends with other things going on such as other planned trips, Enduro's, the Argus and so on. Maybe easiest would be for any interested parties to let me know what will work for them.

So all you wild dogs out there, let me know if this is a k@k idea or a good idea that needs further contemplation..

Any suggestions & rude comments are most welcome

PS:

I note there seems to be what looks like an infestation of wild dogs in the Somerset West / Strand / Overberg area. On the other hand I heard via the grapevine (pardon the pun) that they are in fact a bunch of sissies who never take their bikes out on long fast away from home for 1 night only dirt rides. So now I'm a bit confused & wonder where the truth lies or rides. Perhaps somebody can shed some clarity...