Paramedics on Bikes - Fast response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Python

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Code:
I sent this email to ER24 when one of their Ambo's trying to respond to a biker down gave up an pulled over to let the lane splitter past.

[color=brown]"Hi There,
I make use of a motorcycle to commute through traffic every morning. Today I tucked in behind one of your vehicles trying to respond to an emergency. (a downed biker actually)
The driver did fairly well until he reached stationery traffic which could not move out of the way.
He eventually just moved over and allowed us to pass. I must have reached the accident scene a good 7 to 10 minutes before your vehicle. 
Which got me thinking...
For fast response purposes would it not be an idea to kit out one of your team with a bike and the critical equipment, they'll be able to get to the scene significantly faster than a full size ambulance.
Hey I might very likely be me lying there..
Don’t they say that secounds count in these situations imagine what a skilled member of your team could do with a couple of extra minutes.
Regards
Neil"[/color]

This is the very promising reply that I got from ER24.

[color=blue]"Hi Neil,

Thank you for your response our website.

We are currently working on a project that involves motorcycles and paramedics.

We have tested the project in the Sandton Business District beginning last year and found that it is not only beneficial to our company, but the public as well.

At this stage we are in consultation with a few partners to roll this project out. We are hoping to complete the project by middle 2011. 

Kind Regards,

Werner Vermaak 
EMCL Coordinator
ER24 National & International Regions
ER24 EMS"[/color]

Where are the bike suppliers - here's an opportunity to stamp your name on a worthy project that could save my butt when I come off again