• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

**Parting Out** : 2008 Suzuki DRZ 400 E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
For those who know me, know how much I love my Suzuki DR 650 SE!

It is an awesome bike, reliable, has lots of low-down torque, but the suspension is horrible!

It is undersprung, and has very little damping.

At the front, an easy solution is fitting the complete front end from a DRZ 400.

I surfed the net for months, 'till I found one in very good condition, not to far from me.

It was stolen from the seller, but found due to another bike stolen the same night having a tracking device.

The thieves already started stripping it, to pack and "export", to most probably Mozambique.

Due to its good condition, I actually considered to put the bike back together again, but then would have to search for suspension for the DR again.

The following items were not recovered with the bike: Rear axle, spacers, adjusters and caliper. Both side covers. CDI.

The speedo is there, but damaged. No ignition.

It is a 2008 DRZ 400 E, with 10 500 kms on the clock.

The condition is a testimony that it was not abused.

I have the de-registration certificate. Have checked it at the SAPS and on e-Natis.

If I was going to put it together, it would need a Police clearance and RWC.

I am keeping the complete front end for myself, as well as the rear wheel, to do a 18" conversion to the 17" rear.

By hinting on WD and FB about the possible parting out, I have attracted 8 buyers that are interested in various parts.

To give everyone a fair chance all parts will be advertised on WD first.

For the seat I have 3 potential buyers!

I am willing to assist to pack and courier parts.

Herewith a few pics when I cleaned the bike:

0990f5e59ef17b05559d642c9b129f7f.jpg
0c5a3070fa459a2b86e26f22532df224.jpg
f5ec42164041d7deeb84ad32135fee5c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk