PE Dogs Sunday Ride 8 April 2012 - Dop en Tjop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
It’s the second time I do today’s route. It’s one of my favourites, and much anticipated with the braai in the mountains.

We gather at the Engen garage. About nine bikes. There’s a newbie in the group, Henry, says he heard about us,can he join. But of course. Had the 1200 GS for two weeks and would be his first time on gravel.

Off to the Wimpy in Uitenhage for coffee. Tiger8 and Des join on the way and there we meet up with Nemodakar and Hotwire.

The weather was not to promising but turned out OK. In the meantime we had this beautiful rainbow

Nicolien showing us what real helmet hair should look like

We have our coffee and set off. Tiger8 found his bike’s front tire to be soft and, suspecting a puncture, decides to turn around. At the turn off to the Hanekam road we find Jaybiker and his friend Theo. The group splits with the faster guys going ahead.

Next pitstop at the turn-off to Glenconner

Bie joins us at Glenconner

As we set off for the mountains Tiger8 and Des comes roaring up. Was'nt a puncture after all so they turned around after a bit and chased us down. A quick stop at Bie fathers place for a toilet break

Into the Poort where Bie finds us ‘n nice spot in the kloof at this driffie for the braai. The foto’s tell the story here

There was much chirping about Blitz and Charka. I say nothing… I know what I know.

And then of course you can’t take these Townies anywhere. Jules and his Swannie braai. It works !  :eek7:

The braai comes to an end and we’re off. Nemodakar

Not many pics of the ride itself. Its just windy- windy through the mountains

Jules gets a puncture on his bike

Three tries and two hours later its fixed, but we have a lekker kuier in the veld. That’s what these rides are about. No rush.

We’re heading in the direction of Kirkwood and when we get to tar at Kariega we’d split up, so first the group fotie

Back LTR Me, Tiger8 and Des, DirtyXT, Theo, Swartbaard, Jules and Li, Henry and Jaybiker.
Front Nemodakar, Ndlovu, Hotwire, Nobody, Bie , Torque Curve, J-mo and Nicolien.

Cruising before we get to Kariega

In Kirkwood we go to The Lookout for some refreshments

It sits up on a hill with a great view of Kirkwood against the mountain

And that’s it. From here we split and head home with a scenic drive through Utenhage.

Thanks again to all for keeping it safe, making it another most enjoyable ride, despite a bit of bad weather. Sixteen bikes in all. Not too bad a day I’d say.