Perfect gadget for those long nights in the backpackers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
No Nige, not what you were thinking!!!
Amazon Kindle Reader - amazing technology!  Buy and read newspapers, magazines and books anywhere in South Africa.  All text, no pics, no ads and it lasts at least 3 weeks before recharge and the liquid ink makes for the nearest thing to a book that you can get.  Tough in the cover and readable anywhere except in the shower - but that's just like a book, ne!  Best thing I've bought for a long time since the Airhawk seat.  Only available from amazon and make sure that you order the South African version for seamless integration.  Delivered within 5 days to my doorstep and did I forget to mention, free internet browsing.  You just need cell phone coverage or Wi Fi - no sim cards, no contracts or other bs.  Plays mp3 as well for back ground muzak while reading. The liquid ink is black on an off white background.  Brilliantly legible in even the brightest sunshine.  Same size as a novel just a shyte load lighter and easier to hold at a crazy angle in your sleeping bag.  It will be my constant companion on all longer rides from now on for when I get tired of the maats talking nonsense and comparing the size of their engines!
:)