Planning a Ride ( budget)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Our kids are saying " not again, same old same old" destination  :peepwall:
When it comes to long weekends I hate staying at home wasting the time off , I like to get away , but deciding on a destination is not always easy , have a "budget ' to work with /too . We prefer a chalet / B&B type accommodation , private entrance , private bathroom , Then a nice road to the destination and then attractions at the destination , Years ago we used to go to Sabie every long weekend  to blast around the mountains on my superbike . Stayed more or less at the same place , ate at the same place , but the riding was what we went for , rest was second fiddle .
Then we slipped on a diesel spill and we stopped riding for a while , went 4x4 . still rode my bike everyday as transport, did breakfast runs , but long weekends we went 4x4 . Some 3 years ago decided to buy a adventure bike and get back to the long rides ,
have done a 10 day tour to Cape Town , Magoebas kloof , Clarence , Ponta du Ora , and our current South coast favourite destination .
Now when it comes to planning , Accommodation is in the region of a R1000.00 a night , petrol , and food , can bent the budget close to 2K , so one has to plan well , Make sure the route is great , accommodation is great and attraction also great .
We have found great clean accommodation , bike friendly on the South coast for less than R500 a night , food & drinks at very good pricing ( treated as locals ) and attractions also top notch , so we end up going to the same old same old place , again and again .
I did look at different options , but the fuel cost ,and accommodation would have made this weekend a 10 k affair and we would have done hard but rides everyday . dont have a problem doing this  as we like riding. Decided that we will go south again and go explore some more , make use of our budget accommodation , and local status  :sip:
How do you guys feel about going to the same place , or is this a big No ? I am aware we make our own decisions and what fits me mite not fit the next , but just keen to find out how the rest feels and decides on where  to spend time riding .