Please please I need HELP!! Centurion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHARKY

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
I got my KAOKO throttle control for my Honda VFR today, very excited, rushed home early to fit. Manufacturer claims........."install in a couple of minutes"..............wtf............3 hours later I am still struggling!! :dousing:

To fit the device, one need to remove the end weight and the inner weight bar.
The problem is:  the instructions directed me to squeeze the two spring clips (retainer clip) inside the handle bar together and pull the handle bar insert out using the retaining bolt from the end weight. It sounds so simple.... :deal:.........notifok.

It seems impossible to squeeze the two springs to release the small nub from the whole in the handlebar and set the inner weight free. ??? 

The only other option (refer to Honda workshop manual) is to remove the whole grip and handlebar plastic housing to get to the retainer hole to release the retainer clip and remove the inner weight. I am not very good at this and the problem is that one also need to remove/take apart the switch housing sitting on the handlebar.

This is where I need a WD's help PLEASE. I'll give a case of beer if somebody can help me to install the Kaoko.

thank you...........o eight three 3 o seven o nine two 6