Port Elizabeth to Hogsback and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MURPHY

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
On Saturday 3rd November MMAN , DIRTJUNKIE ,DASKOP AND MURPHY  left from the best furniture and appliance shop in the eastern cape TONYS FURNITURE AND APPLIANCES for a trip to Hogsback . Epic ride that took us past the Kwantu game reserve to Riebeck east on to Grahamstown and then off to Commitees drift past Knaps - Middledrift to Sandile dam and Keiskamma hoek - on to Hogsback .

Awsome riding with some technical spots in Burchell game reserve fairly wet after a month of hectic rain . Commitees drift area also very good riding with nice open roads , just a lot of animals in the former Ciskei area . We had about 20 water crossings all not to bad .
Hogsback was very wet with waterfalls everywhere and one watercrossing of about 200m with some strong flowing water.

Sunday morning over the back of Hogsback onto Seymour with some very steep downhill sections . Deep ruts and washed away roads and paths made riding very interesting . Filled up at Wittlesea at the top of the Nico Malan pass and back onto the gravel for some more technical riding back down the mountain to Seymour . We attended the Orange pig event for a very lekker breakfast and cold ones .

We then headed for Riebeck east and Alicedale - lots of  very heavy water crossings with thick mud and deep holes . I came off in one of the crossings and Dirtjunkie had get in and help as i was properly pinned under my bike and unable to move . [ thank goodness for the snorkels mman and i  had fitted ]

This was a great ride with lots of different and interesting sights and riding conditions - highly recomend .  PICS TO FOLLOW