Pretoors na die kaap... Einde Augustus.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freak

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Liewe Honde...

I have recently "acquired" a new love. She is black, lives in pretoria, and  born in the 60's. Lovely old girl, bit of an airhead, but willing and able. 

She is a BMW R50/2. 
I will be riding her down to cape town on the last weekend of the month ( one week from now ). Dappermuis will be joining me on the epic journey on his trusty Royal Enfield. Both airheads, both half a litre engines with serious potential, capable of reaching ludicrous speeds of 120kph. 

Here be the planned route. 

Pretoria
Heidelberg
Villiers
Frankfurt
Reitz
Bethlehem. 
Fouriesburg
Ficksburg
Ladybrand
Hobhouse
Wepener
Zastron
Rouxville
Aliwal north
Burgersdorp
Steynsburg
Middelburg
Graaff reinet
Aberdeen
Willowmore
Oudtshoorn ( route 62. Baie mooi ) 
Calitzdorp
Ladismith
Montague ( route 62 eindig ) 
Robertson
Worcester
Wellington
Durbanville

The idea is to stay off the N1 due to our planned cruising speed of approx 100 kph. 
Any takers? Anyone wanting to join us for a piece of the action. ? 

"Young classic riders seek male or female Companionship on a less traveled route. "

Anyone keen to join on any sector ( or all of it! ) please advise. Plan is to break trip up in approx 3 equal segments. And sleep over twice..  So it's about 500km a day. Will start early so we can hopefully braai and drink beer and look at our bikes when the sun sets. No camping this time ( or maybe we should???) 

Departing Pretoria early Friday. Arriving cape town Sunday. 
This is gonna be slow but good.... 

Slow bikes only for eg. BMW GS 1200, etc...  ( please no ktm's. Hahaha) 

Seriously all welcome, and will be lekker to meet some chinas under these circumstances. 

Look out for me... The only Ktm  branded rider with DS helmet on a old warbike. !! 

And no.... She wont be hacked into a bobber or chopper... She stays just like she was meant to be.  Slow and long.