Pretoria to Himeville, solo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friggs

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Ok so it's been too long since I went down to visit and ride with my old man in Himeville. I decided tonight, spur of the moment that I am taking leave next week Friday and taking the Tiger on a Solo ride to the 'berg.  Traditionally I have always driven down (or once on a ridden on my old 750 Bandit some years back) via the N3 and R615. This time however, I was to take the more scenic route (the N3 kills me with it's monotony) and at the same time skip the tolls.

My rough plan is - from Pretoria - Delmas, Standerton, Volksrust, New Castle, Ladysmith, Colenso, Escourt, Mooi River, Nottingham road and then off to Himeville via the Loteni road. It's pretty much all tar but at least I get to add the Loteni road in which is one I have wanted to ride for a while now.

Has anybody ridden/driven the Loteni road recently? Just curious of the general condition and how long it will take if I'm not rushing (riding solo so taking it nice and easy as well as taking in the scenery).

Saturday the old man and I will go riding some of his local routes which should include some forrest tracks and scenic dirt roads, really looking forward to it. My dad rides an XR400 like a madman, he is 66 but has been riding for most of his life and I swear he has no fear... he just pins it lol.

Will try take some decent pics and post a RR when back.

--Hmmm, reading this post it might seem a tad pointless other than just wanting to share as I am quite excited to go for the ride and to see and ride with my old man. But, I would appreciate info or ideas on my route and on the Loteni road if anybody knows.

Cheers.

pta2himville.jpg