Project bike: Honda XL 500R (single shock) - sorry: keeping the Bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
**sorry**guess this should be in smalls. If mod wants to move it, no probs. Just thought it is more relevant here maybe...If you are seriously into building up this bike, pm me. It's in boxes. Long story short, I planned on riding this bike for a while before upgrading, but upgrading happened earlier than planned... :biggrin: sorted out the motor (the timing chain had to be replaced), replaced timing chain, cam (got OEM part!) and tensioner (as well). Engine does not smoke. The odometer was still working when I got it, was just under 25k km. I tried to fix the speedo (note to self: DONT!) and buggered it. I sprayed the entire bike, frame, plastics, tank and shock XR orange (350 and 500 original colour), the wheels (yes...incl spokes), swing arm, handle bars, motor sprayed black. Think these colours go well together. Anyways, all is good. Might have to replaced the speedo, but the rev counter works. I spent some money on this bike, so I won't let it go for nothing. The motor cost me almost three grand alone. If I don't sell it, I will try and put it back together in December. I just don't have the time, but I will make time if I don't get a good price. I'll take some pic's if you pm me for them. Cheers