Public transport: I've had enough, I'm gatvol!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doringboom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
After 18 years of commuting by public transport (busses - previously of the Pretoria City Council and presently of the City of Tshwane Township Metro) I am of late finally gatvol :xxbah: All the sporadic strikes, the sometimes no-showing of busses on scheduled times and (as is often reported in the news) all the internal management turmoil, the ticket fraud by many bus drivers and their subsequent suspension, the trouble that is stirred up by the various workers unions, poor maintenance, etc. and the resulting effects all this have on the quality of the bus service, have finally brought me to an end on this road: The past Saturday I bought myself a scooter and I will be joining the daily wrestling contest on the roads of Pretoria soon.

I will for certain miss the advantages offered by the busses (operating under more ideal conditions), like the no worrying and no stressing about the sometimes chaotic traffic and the costs and risks involved for using your own mode of transport, all the jokes and chats on the bus, catching up with some sleep sometimes, etc. The above factors, however, together with the sometimes dirty and overcrowded busses, have now become too much negative for me and there is no reason to believe that things will improve soon :(

I work in the Pretoria CBD and I live in the Moot area - about 8 km apart. Given the situation that I have no above 60 km/h roads to travel, but only neighbourhood streets and mostly jammed main arterials and CBD streets, I have settled for this good looking 150cc GoMoto :thumleft: I hope to take delivery of it by Wednesday after it has been registered. Man, just look at these figures:

Dry Weight: 115 kg
Wheel Base: 1375 mm
Exterior Size: 1940 mm x 745 mm x 1140 mm
Maximum Speed: 80 km\h
Maximum Payload: 100 kg
Fuel Capacity: 6.2 L
Brake Type: Front: Disk, Rear: Drum
Engine Type: 4 Stroke, Single Cylinder, Air cooled
Maximum Power: 6.0 kw @ 8000 rpm
Starting System: Electric \ Kick

Check me out in the front row at the traffic lights soon! :ricky:

Attachments