Quality Riding Jacket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaTooMatt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I am in the market for a new Jacket. I hav a KTM Jacket bought on special years ago but the zip has already been replaced.

8 years ago I got a TourMastr Sonora Jacket. Basically a mesh Jacket which suits SA perfectly. In winter I can zip in the liner but a good KWay fleece seems to work better and a Rainsuit over layer has covered me through Natal Thudertorms and the cold winters of a few years ago. This Jacket has helped me survive an off in traffic where it suffered the most damage and the odd off road tumble. It is now looking the worse for wear and it is probably time to replace it.

I have looked around a little and it seems sizes have shrunk. Where I need to replace my 2L with a 4XL or even 5XL  on some brands. I can't seemed to find another Tour Master locally and everything else on offer seems to be from China. What recommendations are there.

As I am looking at something that will last I have looked at BMW kit as well.  BMW kit has all the sizes and they claim to have breathing properly sorted but don't seem to have anything like mesh of my exisitng. Can any of you Rallye suited riders confirm if they are as cool as the saleslady claims. BMW do have an air Jacket but is on the shorter side than I prefer.

Otherwise can anybody recommend a good summer jacket that has built in protection that will let me use it for the next 8 years of daily commuting trips and the odd adventure to KZN, Botswana or wherever the next trip takes me.