• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

R1200GSA Air cooled Back wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LYCAN

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Good afternoon, I am clearing out the bike room.

Rear 17" black (shines purple on the pic after a quick wash) adventure rim for sale - asking R3500
Pick up will be easiest, however courier costs are for buyer's account.

Rim is a spare that I used as back up on some adventures, but allas...those days seem to be on the back burner currently.
Rim has some normal adventure scuff marks, but no smileys or bead issues. Hold good pressure with the current old tyre on it.
It has a normal angulated valve.

The one bolt hole has a superficial burn on the powder coating...a bolt stripped many years ago while to wheel was on my bike. We ended up welding a piece of steel to the bolt and got it out. We used some shielding to protect the hub, but some heat got through. The wheel was on my bike for a long time, no cracks developed. I always used a torque wrench to tighten the wheel bolts. The above situation occurred after some strongman contestant at a tyre placed opted to test his strength on that particular bolt.

Added in the deal...if you might be interested is a well used front rim that took some damage in the form of a smiley. Doesn't hold pressure, but used it with an inner tube at some stage.
The front wheel hub and spokes are still good with no damage...maybe you have you eyes set on a 21' conversion or just putting a new rim outer.

Feel free to contact via PM, on this board or phone

Kind Regards
Francois
072 six one zero 7817

Attachments

• Back wheel 1.jpg
    Back wheel 1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Back wheel 2.jpg
    Back wheel 2.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Back wheel 3.jpg