R80/100 Siebenrock conversion bike finally finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blainec

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
After 7 months and throwing a fair amount of cash at this project, my bike is finally finished. Scalpel recommended that Volker who is the Siebenrock agent for SA do the job. After a couple of e-mails and calls between myself and Volker the bike was sent to Volker who did the following : Siebenrock 1000-cc pistons and barrels, bigger sump, new timing chain ,oil pump etc, ,gearbox rebuild, new clutch and pressure plate and of course the front brake conversion with a bigger caliper and disk with braided steel hose .The bike actually stops now.He also replaced the front springs, and I fitted a MP shock that Martin built for me. Volker also respocked the back wheel with a 7mm offset to give the shock a bit more space. The man is a perfectionist and his workmanship is really top class.

I had already sprayed the bike white as I was not wild on the blue original colour, then I decided to take the plunge and bought in a new 34 litre  Dakar tank , and the original orange seat cover.It was worth every cent it changes the whole bike. I also bought a complete set of Hepco Becker aluminium panniers so that I can tour on the bike. The bike is looking so good that I now od not know whether or not to take the old lady on dirt , she is just too pretty. I guess as the gathering draws nearer I will come to my senses.

I will attempt to show some before and after pictures .

Attachments

• DSCN0269 low res.jpg
    DSCN0269 low res.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 382
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 394
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 393
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG