Railway Ride from Durbanville to Darling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefan93

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
Hello there

I have been scouting the railway from Klipheuwel to Darling. I have done the "normal" route where you join the railway just after Kalbaskraal and continue to Darling, but I have been looking on maps and ridden a portion that joins the railway from Tip Trans Sand Mine.
From what I can see on maps there are trails that run from the Klipheuwel Station onwards and I would like to arrange a "trail finding/scouting" misson.
If we are stopped, we will be respectful. The whole idea is to see where we can actually ride. Once this is done, I can compile a GPX with the most complete route with as little tar as possible.

If you are keen to join me, drop me a message to chat to me on this thread. I live in Durbanville central and usually leave via Adderly Road, turn onto Occultdale and head from there. I am aware of the bit along the railway from Melish to Klipheuwel too.

A scout/riding buddy would be great! I am on a Honda XR650L and ride off road comfortably, but I am not too bothered about the skill level of the person/people joining. Fun is fun when you're riding!