Reflections on the Bash and Brand bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLRoy

You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus!
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Thank you

Thereâ??s a saying: â?? Its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dogâ??.  To modify it for d/s riding â?? â??Its not the brand that makes the rider, but the rider that makes the brandâ??

This was one aspect about the 2007 Bash that just stood out above everything else.  People helping each other, generally sticking together while having a ball of a time.  Iâ??m thankful that nobody got seriously injured (or worse) during the riding to and from as well as during the bash.  Thanx for looking after yourselves and other riders.

Although I hate singling people out, a big thank you to:
â?¢Michnus and friends for the organising
â?¢Watty â?? ditto and the camera
â?¢Briv â?? for the braai (even though he nominated Boegoe-berg-se-dam)
â?¢Harold from Bikergear for the prizes as well as support he gives this forum (from the start he was involved)
â?¢Jacko â?? the new editor of Topbike for the late sponsoring of prizes (btw good luck with the new job)
â?¢Mods â?? for organising and sponsoring items (Wino and Advâ??er)
â?¢Miena Moo for helping with the sticker sales
â?¢Jo B â?? for doing the drawing
â?¢Michnusâ?? wife for doing the admin (drunk men are bad scribes)
â?¢Ansie and husband â?? for the venue and catering
â?¢LGF for getting the stickers in time
â?¢Oetie for showing the new clothing ideas
â?¢Pom â?? for transporting ALL the prizes â??on a foocking suzukiâ??
â?¢The farmer from Worcester (?) who just brought some wine to dish out as prizes â?? he was never asked, he just did it (again reflecting on the make of the rider...)
â?¢Groenie â?? for being yourself
â?¢And last but most importantly â?? for each and everyone that took the time and made the effort to attend â?? moerse dankie

On a personal level:
â?¢Thanx to the posse I was riding in for sticking it out with the tyre incident â?? Poppi, Wino and Funacide
â?¢Lekka seeing my CT riding/drinking buddies again â?? Oppad, scribble, nicki, briv (Len) and wife, watermat, etc etc
â?¢Sad not seeing some of my CT riding/drinking buddies like LS, Rudeasy, Butch, Kaboef, Mark H, EV, Topbox, CO etc etc â?? but I know they really couldnâ??t make it â?? so plse have one on me at Kriges on â??Next Time...â??
â?¢Nice meeting some new faces to forum names like LGF, Hennie, Mountainboy, Poppipants, and many more.....
â?¢Lakka kuiering till late with the likes of Jacko, MJ and wife, Hennie and Nardus (the Camelman face of the WD forum) â?? was lekker kak-pratery
â?¢My regular riding buddy wino â?? it was an privilege as always

2008 Bash:

It was decided it principle that we are getting too soft with all this catered stuff.  So the idea is to roughen it up next year.  Full on camping, everything on the bikes, no facilities â?? only firewood and water.  Stay tuned to this frequency for more info..........
(And the EC boys will for sure have to rider further)

Prizes:

Iâ??ll post a list of all the prizes and who won what soonest.  This will include the IOUâ??s.
Conclusions:
â?¢Brand bashing is for Harley Riders
â?¢The fastest bikes on gravel (and those that brag with speed) will help you sweet blue f@ck-all up Katbergpas (and less), same as those nimble endoru-style bikes will help you to get from Jhb to HogsB in one day â?? d/s riding is and will always be a compromise...
â?¢Good mates on a trip is gold
â?¢WD members are good company and folks
â?¢Fixing tyres require tubes, patches, good tyre levers and the right technique â?? even if you had done it before
â?¢Seems like grip heaters are too much for the alternator of a KLR when combined with a stronger headlight
â?¢Sharing a tent is fun for the non-pitcher and snorer
â?¢500+ gravel and tar kms a day are far for a KLR even with a Corbin seat (either that or Iâ??m getting old)

Till we ride/meet again
Hein

Ps Brand bashing is for posers......