Road To Hell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky luke

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
We have taken some 400 photos, and I’m not sure how many I can load on the site. However, let me tell you a bit of my story of our trip “To the Hell and back”.

We left Friday afternoon and stayed at a family members farm in Touwsrivier. Next morning we left at about 10h00, me on a KLR, a friend on a brand new KLR, the farmer on his African Twin 750 cc, and believe it …. my brother on a 200cc Chinese make XJ Jao.

We followed the N1 past Laingsburg, and turned off to Prince Albert. After lunch we tackled the picturistic Swartberg Pass. This is a single lane gravel public road. (A must see). Reaching the top, you get the turn off, leading about 50km down the kloof into the “Hell”. What an absolute fantastic adventure ride, with beautiful scenery. We stopped at various outlook points to appreciate the beauty of nature, and to re-group.

We booked a caravan on the farm, which sleeps 4 people. We also pre-booked a cooked supper and breakfast, which was great.  The people are friendly and surely interesting to talk to.

The next morning we left via the Hell and followed a circle route over Swartberg Pass into Oudtshoorn. We stoped at the Cango Caves, and then the KKNK for lunch and a walk- a -round.

We then followed Route 62 back home. We made all the traditional bike stops at Never Better, Ronnie Sex Shop and The Pumpkin House.

The last few kilometers were in pitch dark and some rain. We all arrived safely home at 21h30. The total distance covered were 1100 kilometers, and without any problems. This trip was surely one of the highlights for me, and I will recommend it to anyone. I can now say, “been there, done that”, but I will surely do it again !

Attachments

• die hel-loekie (166).jpg
    die hel-loekie (166).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 395