Roc Steering Damper on KTM 990 Adv S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louis Horn

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Just fitted the Roc steering damper and all I can say is WOW!!! :salut: To the designer.
This shit should be standard on any Adv bike. It should be eleagal to sell Adv's without one. "Thou shalt not ride without one..."

Low speed parking lot operation made easy by on/off function. Accelerating under power on the tar is very stable. Unexpected power lifts in a turn that previously scared the shit out of me, now feels natural. Braking, quick turns and sudden stops is a breeze. The soft to medium setting is subtle enough to not limit movement or handling and completely stabilize the bike on the tar. The hardest setting is hard enough to eat up any big surprises, but could limit the bike on a sudden stop & turn. But that’s why the on/off function is there. This damper is well thought out and designed. The whole bike is just so much smoother. I feel like a bloody racer now.

I can’t wait to put it on the dirt.

Darren Bishop (KTMjedi) from WFO Bikes & Racing supplied the part and advice for quick and easy fitment (under 45 minutes at home). 

Thanx Darren, its all you said it would be and much, much more.  :thumleft: