Rotopax jerry can option - sorted....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpcussen

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
The 990/950's are thirsty beast as we know, and running out of fuel on the longer trips has always been a niggle at the back of your mind the longer you ride into the route, hoping that you'll make it, not get lost, not have to turn around for a flooded river and back track, reach a dry fuel pump etc… all of which will see you run dry.

So I've tried a few different kinds of jerry can options, strapped them to the bike and while they work OK they tend to be bulky, slide around, sometimes leak onto my stuff, and tend to always need to be mounted high up on the bike making it a bitch to pick up in sand up the west coast with an extra 10 litres mounted at the highest pivot point. Put my back out nicely.  :xxbah:

I've also seen bladders leak, and once full also have the same irritation that they never really mount well or pack efficiently onto the bike as they are like a rugby ball. I have been looking for a more hassle free solution.

So I installed these Rotopax 6,6 litre cans, one per side although only took 1 on the last trip. Was enough extra fuel to keep myself and another 950 going in the tankwa trip. Fuel light never even came on which is a first. Combined this is an extra 13.2 litres and they fit so well. Weight is low down well full, and didn't even notice carrying full one on just one side. A bit pricy for the set up but solves the problem properly, ergonomics, packing and integration is just awesome. Problem solved… just walk into the garage, clip them on and ride off.

Attachments

• Rotopax 3.jpg
    Rotopax 3.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 463
  • Rotopax 1.JPG
    Rotopax 1.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 424
  • Rotopax-2.jpg
    Rotopax-2.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 446