Sani Pass on a Pitbike (yebo, it's true)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkolsa

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR200
Hi guys/fellow bikers,

I went on 30th May 2008 to do the deed, & stayed over at the Sani Pass backpackers lodge that night after the trip.

I finally got my mate to learn how to copy his digital camcorders files to a CD, can email u some clips & pics. Just send me a request via email on  [email protected]
I tried to attach two images to this report, but unable to make them small enough or viewable.

It was only the 2 of us, so not as many clips as we would have liked.

It was a challenge for the pitbike, merely because of the size of it (wheels small, suspension not absorbing much) however the bike made it easily.

I was a bit jagged up more than down.

My mate did mention it was like riding across a Simba chip all the way with the constant shaking.

The route is in pretty poor condition, but I guess with such a steep road how else can they keep it in tact with rain, snow etc.

Not sure I have tried being on road such as that since I was a kid on a bicycle, or ever actually.

It was a good experience, am real glad I did it.

Btw, my mate took a BMW 1200 (think it is the GS) which of course is a luxury bike compared to my top of the range real monster of a pitbike.

He fared well; & should have with the ABS, suspension adjustment etc, etc.

Certainly would recommend the trip to anyone else whom has never tried something like it.

If they are careful & respect their bike & the terrain they will have fun.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Sani_pic.JPG
    Sani_pic.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 304