Screw it lets do it - xtz 750 REBUILD... (again!!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moloko

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
I took me about six months to completely restore my Super Ten 750 (1993) model. My deadline for the rebuild was our Southern and East Africa road trip which started on 25 June 2010 (sorry for not yet writing our ride report; it is quite difficult to mention all the good stuff and publish all the photos etc of our six week trip). Promise to upload some pictures soon - if you cant wait i've got some video clips of this and other trips on youtube  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Wbh_NBJBE&feature=related .

Anyway, this thread is as a result of my accident in Siavonga, Zambia, near the eastern shore of Lake Kariba. The accident happened on 14 June 2010. I broke my pelvis and got airlifted to Panorama Hospital in Cape Town. The bike subsequently began its journey back to Cape Town...

The bike was first loaded onto a maize lorry and transported to Chirundu where it was impounded by the police. While i was in the Mtendere Mission Hospital, Rudi (Tour), somehow met up with a local banana farmer who indicted that he’ll be coming to South Africa in the near future. After some negotiation with Interpol in Lusaka and wooing the police in Chirundu we got the bike released this past Monday.

Today I got the news that the Ten is in good hands at a refrigeration depot in Louis Trichardt. So now, in less than two weeks from now (i hope) the Ten should be back in cape town and ready for refurbishment!!! O the joy of getting intimate with my lady.

Photos below taken on:
19 November 2009 - Start of first rebuild
21 November 2009 - Bike stripped
25 June 2010 - Bike rebuild complete - Day one of our African trip
14 July 2010 - After crash standing in the Chirundu police yard

Rudi started the bike after the crash at the police station in Chirundu... said she purred like the pre-pang demon. So hopefully only some cosmetic modifications, vapour and minor mechanical repairs will put her back in business.

Wish me luck with getting her back on the road!

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_4983.jpg
    IMG_4983.jpg