self maintenance BMW- KTM ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Hi

Here is my first question for you clever dogs that dont mind (love) getting their hands dirty
I run a private yacht and as such maintain all kind of systems ,4 engines ,generators and electrics up the ying yang, and being of the faith that if you want it done right..........

so , in my search for a bike im narrowed down to a ktm 950 or 990  or bmw 1150 1200 (what exactly will depend on the budget and deal available when i drop anchor for good)ADV would be nice

I maintain my own stuff ,not having done much work on bikes doesnt scare me as taking it apart and finding out how or why it doesnt work  is half the fun (another reason why i have to buy for keeps ,some people think service history has to have a stamp )I know resale suffers

so you guys that maintain your own steeds ,whats your views on doing a basic maintenance,oil ,oilfilter ,fuel filter, airfilter,sparkplugs change and in the field carb cleaning etc

any thoughts appreciated