Short report of a short ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crossed-up

Pangaman
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT500
I wouldn't normally report on a little jaunt to the quarry near Z7 but it was such a lekker morning's ride and some of the riders were pretty new to this sort of terrain.  I hope that JAmBer might have some photos or video of the ride.

JAmBer - Dakar
PinkGoat - 650GS
Priest - DR650
Martin-DR650
Bonova - XCh
Crossed-up - DR650

The usual thing - we met at the turn-off and proceeded by some lesser-known tracks to the main quarry.  There we explored some of the very tight tracks through the bush.  The going was slow, technical and hot, but great fun.  Bonova showed how Mark Hardy's hill is fairly easily conquered at this time of year.
Priest split and the rest of us made our way over the famous "Mountainboy" whoops and through the thick sand to the little playground.  And that was us -done for the day.

I must say that I've been reading a lot about the standard 650GS not being so good off-road.  Well, PinkGoat put the lie to that one!  Fantastic riding under difficult conditions.  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Bonova - I bet you're planning to get out there with your 200 as soon as you can.  :ricky:

Thanks for suggesting the ride Martin-DR650.  I hope you enjoyed some of the unusual tracks we explored.  ;D