Slightly (read totally) over ambitious 3 day, CT-Baviaans-CT trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
So... feels like a bit of head clearing is in order again (Sat's 525km ride into Tankwa did not do the trick) and a long ride is needed to silence the many voices and clean out as much dust as possible.

Still to be confirmed, but Im considering a roughly 1800km ride keeping off the blacktop as much as possible, at least for Day 1 and 2.  Doable, but probably pushing it a bit on a BMX, keeping in mind the slightly less than ideal comfort of a 650 thumper, especially with the stock plank seat I still use (to indulge my masochistic tendencies).
Have I mentioned I enjoy riding my bike.  A lot :biggrin:

Plan is:
Day 1: Bellville, Franschoek, Theewaters, mostly gravel to Greyton, gravel past Riviersonderend to Stormsvlei, mostly tar to Montague, then gravel through Anysberg Reserve (the 2spoor one), Ladismith, Calitzdorp, gravel past Swartberg turnoff all the way to De Rust, gravel around Kamannassie to Uniondale. Approx 640km
Day 2: Uniondale through Baviaans, then mostly gravel with some tar back to the gravel Prins Alfred's Pass rd to Knysna, Phantom Pass, 7 Passes rd to George, then Groot Brak. Approx 630km
Day 3: tbc, but not an early start, so will probably do around 500km with a fair bit of tar

Yay, or nay?