Smaller number plates. Where in Cape Town?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heddles

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
As a measure of making the stupid thing last longer, I always fit the largest, smaller number plate that I can find suitable to off-road bikes.

The plates I used to buy in the past lasted well and you never stood the chance of Mr Grensvegter youngster dumbass traffic cop pulling a loaded gun on you for his dumbass perception of you trying to avoid identification where the traffic services need to be able to identify you, in the event of you committing a traffic crime, when he spots you riding a bike with a broken plate, either from vibration or the exhaust blowing the corner off it.
Yes. That happened to me, which is the main reason for me investigating decent quality plates.

The new rubbish, all be it South African BullShit approved, is only approved because the plate is reflective so that they can identify the number on the plate when a speeding camera flash is used, without just taking a photograph of a blurred reflective ball. It bears no relationship to any other misconception of quality.
Mr Numberplate vendor now sees an opportunity to create new anuses for anyone seeking a smaller number plate, so he charges you double for a slightly smaller plate, telling you that it is not South African BullShit approved. This, is his way of wiping his hands clean of selling you something which is apparently illegal. But he happily
Takes your money. The fact is that it is of inferior quality. Majority of number plates are.. It’s almost like they are made to break and fall off so that the traffic department can make money out of you.. Not to mention Mr Numberplate seller thief..

I walked past my DRZ and my shorts caught the plate. SNAP!
A new plate, over 200 bucks. Okay, bend over, take it like a man. New plate.. 230 bucks. Get the drilling machine out, identify the location of holes for fasteners, drill 6mm hole.. hmmm.. fancy that! Non South African BullShit approved Number plate with crack from fastening hole to edge of plate. As well as delaminated white transfer which holds numbers.
So now it’s back to Mr Numberplate thief, to buy another Non South African BullShit approved Number plate. I have to go there today to buy a new South African BullShit approved Number plate for my Adventure, because that one’s backing broke off and the brilliantly designed South African BullShit approved backing plate and number plate are now lying somewhere on the streets of Cape Town.
Oh and did I mention!? The DRZs plate was fastened to a “cheap Chinese tailpiece/tailamp combo” well the Chinese can certainly teach a few things about quality even when manufacturing so called cheap products, to the manufacturers of Bureau of BullShit approved crap in South Africa. Needless to say the “cheap Chinese” holder will live to hold another quality proudly South African product.

So now, I am at almost 800 bucks for DRZ Number plates. Bit of a ripoff don’t you think..?

So my question is. Is there anywhere in Cape Town that sells slightly smaller plates that don’t rip you a new arsehole in the process..?