Snuggles New Member Introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Hi All,

I am new to the forum, been enjoying the posts & topics for just over a week, I have gradually been getting rid of my off roads as I work as an expat all over Africa, my wife was kaking me out on my last leave, she was complaining bitterly that I need to go & ride to get rid of my frustrations, I explained to her that dirt bikes are not practical for me anymore, firstly all my mates at home have a life & I can't expect them to change plans when I get home on leave, riding alone is kak & risky, then to find a safe place to ride where you don't get attacked or your van ripped off while out riding!

She surprised me, "babe why don't you get an DS bike?" WOW; did I just hear you correct!?! So playing it cool I said NO, I'm not interested......(reverse psychology) that was the Saturday afternoon, I stuck to my guns all Sunday, Monday came around & I waited for her to go to work, then the long wait for the bike shop to open (this gave me enough time to research which boneys are overpriced & are hidden crash courses in becoming a bike mechanic due to their kak design & build quality) I went for a test ride & was really impressed, so I will hopefully be the proud owner of a 1200 Super Tenere (I think its refered to a STen here) next week.

I have a cool wife & I think she got very worried when I sold my KX500 on my previous leave, I gave a 1997 WR250(the last 2 stroke version) away to a mate who really needed it last year, it was completely rebuilt except for the plastics, I have now loaned out my roadworthy KDX200 to a mate that needs transport & I just haven't had time to tweak my Banshee single Smartcarb conversion yet, but I think I'll keep the Banshee, it's a pure adrenaline trip to ride.

I really enjoy the forum, seems like a great bunch of folks (some seem a bit dodgy though, I have a few oakes noted, I will be watching you lot...) do you have regular Sunday rides? I am only home for 3 weeks every 9 weeks so I would love to tag along with out being that doos that nobody knows & that doesn't ride the highly marketed makes. I work for a company that's an agent for Komatsu, so I believe in Jap equipment.

I look forward to meeting some of the great personalities on the forum.

PS. Don't think I'm skeef or anything because of my username, my surname is Snuggs...