• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! - 1984 Kawasaki KLR 600 Cape Town - R15k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogmatix

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TTR 250
After much trepidation I have decided the KLR needs to find a new home. I bought it to learn how to ride dirt when I had the GS and it's served me well but i just don't ride it much anymore. Still quite capable... I did the Postal Route on it the last time it was out.

- 1984 model

- Speedo cable snapped at 49926 kms and she's done about 12000 with me since.

- It's a kick start only - no happy button so be prepared to exercise the right leg somewhat. Starts easily most days, unless it's been standing for weeks. Then I give up and get my wife to tow start.

- Martin Paetzold reconditioned the shock about 5000kms ago

- Pooratech screen (GS 1200 screen cut down with shockingly bad brackets outa ally).

- New Wossner piston and rings about 5000kms ago

- Wide foot pegs

- 21 litre long range Ascerbis tank (rarer than hens teeth nowadays)

- Lotsa stickers!

- Bridgestone Trailwing front (good for another few thousand)and Mitas E09 rear (probably get another thousand).

- It's a KLR so uses a fair amount of oil

- Brakes are 1984 variety (not very good), particularly the rear drum. I recently replaced the front brake line with a braided one which makes it much better.

- Licensed and on the road but may need some tweaks to get through roadworthy - I just don't have the time

- Spares include:
  - The original steel tank which doesn't fit anymore due to the mountings having been welded up for the long range tank
  - New air filter
  - New clutch cable
  - Spare fan
  - Original foot pegs
  - More stickers!!
  - Indicator

- I've never thrown it down the road. It has fallen over once or twice but there's no damage to speak of.

I'll take R15k for the whole lot. Slightly negotiable.

Attachments

• Right Front.jpg
    Right Front.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 1,142
  • Left Front.jpg
    Left Front.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 1,144
  • Rear Right.jpg
    Rear Right.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 1,143
  • Left Rear.jpg
    Left Rear.jpg