• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold - 2006 BMW 650GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jock

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi

I need to sell my 650GS. True mileage is 17100 km, although the clock has 95km on. The bikes ABS light kept on flashing and I took it to a BMW dealer to get fixed, the mac their told me that it was the cluster (speado and rev counter cluster) and that they will replace under warranty. The dealership was going through a rough time at that stage I a friend of mine that worked there called me and said I must get my bike out of there asap as the sherif was coming, at least they finished the service. This was in August 2008

Fetched the bike and although it had a new cluster the ABS was still falshing. Anyways due to work we got shooting DVD's for a off road venture company I was riding my quad basically every second weekend and the weekends I wasnt I didnt feel like riding the bike. So it stood for a year and a half in the garage, just starting it and taking it round the block to keep the battery going, hence the 95km thats on the clock.

I took it to the new BMW dealership the other day to have the ABS sorted and get a service, and it turns out the new mac knows much more about the bikes and he immidiately said its the spead sensor on the back wheel, replaced that and the ABS is fine again. Also did the bearings in the steering as they werent lekker anymore due to the bike standing so long? Also did a full service.

The bike is in good condition. Its the standard silvery/blue in colour, the way it looks like now is vinyl stickers that I had made and put on. It can be removed.

Its got the crash bars, BMW panniers, BMW topbox, Tank bag ( i lost the little zip thing that attaches at the bottom) and high screen as extras.

Price is now R 45 000

Attachments

• DSC01524.JPG
    DSC01524.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC01525.JPG
    DSC01525.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC01526.JPG
    DSC01526.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC01527.JPG