• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! - 2013 Royal Enfield Classic 500 - Classic Chrome Black

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickstarter

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL500S
Beautiful and timeless Royal Enfield Classic 500 for sale, in the chrome with black overlay colour scheme. Good overall condition with some surface rust on a few nuts, bolts and on the silencer. Mechanically 100% sound. The chrome on the tank and fenders shines as brightly as the day I bought her. Her engine pulls hard and strong, and she's a pleasure to drive around town. Born to be a headturner and she knows it, wherever she's parked, a crowd gathers.

This bike is perfect for someone who loves the look and feel of a classic bike, but doesn't want the inconvenience of having to pour money into it just to keep it alive. It's very economical and low maintenance, and the electric starter makes it a snap to get on and just ride.

DSC_4865.jpg

DSC_4882.jpg

DSC_4856-2.jpg

DSC_4883.jpg

DSC_4890.jpg

DSC_4881.jpg

DSC_4891.jpg

She's yours for the Wilddog discounted price of R37,000

Two years ago I spent some time in India, where I fell in love these bikes. I bought the bike brand new when I came home, and almost immediately took it on a 2,800km tour of South Africa on it. (See my ride report here : https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=129503.0) I was smitten by her good looks and incredible adaptability. From cruising around town, to winding mountain passes, to the occasional dirt road, the Enfield seems perfectly suited to everything you can throw at it. The Royal Enfield dealer in Cape Town is Thruxton Motorcycles in Bellville, and they service and supply spares for these bikes.

DSC_4853.jpg

DSC_4841.jpg

DSC_4843.jpg

DSC_4846.jpg

DSC_4848.jpg

The bike is mostly standard, except it has heated grips. It has been maintained by Thruxton MC's workshop to 10,000km and since then by myself. No expenses have been spared here. I just finished a long inspection of the whole bike and fixed all the niggles. The battery is fully charged and I changed the oil 300km ago. All paperwork is up to date and I will even have the roadworthy done for you before you take ownership.

I am sad to sell this beauty, but I would like to purchase a more off-road focused bike. My heart says that the answer to lifes most pertinent questions lies in having a garage full of motorcycles, but my wallet disagrees.

DSC_4851.jpg

DSC_4849.jpg

The bike has these features :
* Extraordinary classic looks
* Modern reliability
* Low seating position, ideal for inexperienced rider, traffic weaving and for "height challenged" riders.
* Fuel injected with ECU
* Hydraulic lifters which rarely need adjustment
* Engine power : 20kW@41Nm
* Top speed : 130-140km/h
* Fuel tank capacity : 13.5L
* Incredible fuel consumption - I've gotten 32km/l before on the highway
* Weight : 190kg

I will throw in the following extras with the bike :
* Passenger seat
* Nudge bar in powder coated stainless steel - worth R1900
* Luggage racks in powder coated steel - worth R1300
* DIY wooden luggage rack, complete with Tibetan prayer flags - priceless