• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold SOLD BMW F650 Funduro 1999 SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
BMW F650 Funduro 1999
75000Km
Not new anymore hence the below honesty section.
It has had a custom spray job which is peeling in places - it will not win a beauty contest anymore.

TLC required:
- Often it starts to backfire after a while and then dies. This will have to be looked at.
- Rear brake light does not work from foot break. Suspect switch/wiring is faulty as light works with front break. (Will therefore not pass roadworthy test.)
- Front forks were scratched, but has been sanded a little and seals replaced. Doesn't leak anymore as far as I know.
- Either clutch cable (current cable was 2nd hand and shortened by a cable shop) or possibly a new clutch kit required.
- Rear foot pegs missing. I bought generics that needs to be fitted.
- Front disc break not biting as well as it should due to fork oil spillage. Needs to be cleaned.
- One of the front forks are slightly bent. I cannot feel/see it, but was told by person who sorted the oil seal on the forks.

The topbox is available if buyer wants - it does not have a mounting plate though.

I find it is just too heavy (or rather for other family members), so even if I sort it out I will most likely replace with something smaller - hence rather selling.

Bike is probably worth approx R25000, but I am negotiable and open to reasonable offers, given the above.

O 6 3 535 1968

Attachments

• FrontLeft.jpeg
    FrontLeft.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 8
  • FrontRight.jpeg
    FrontRight.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FrontWheel.jpeg
    FrontWheel.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 0
  • LeftView.jpeg