• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Sold on Gumtree - KTM 640 adventure 2005 in Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpmza

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
A good friend of mine is selling his bike   22625kms

I have ridden this bike and it really goes well, a lot smoother than I expected.

Please contact Stuart on 083 303 8417 or email [email protected]

He writes -

I bought the bike new in 2005 (ONE owner). I had it serviced after Rally Raid – 6 Grand later, it was an expensive weekend !! Just before Rally Raid I put on new sprockets and chain. I have the full service history. In August 2009 she was leaking oil from the base gasket. I took it to Cecil Penny at CPR Racing. He sorted it out and replaced the rings & valves at the same time.
With the most recent service (August 2013) KTM replaced the steering head bearings and front fork seals. In July this year I replaced the swingarm bearings. I have all the invoices. You may recall that I fitted my bush plastics on the bike for Rally Raid. I have not changed them since.  They did get a few scratches on the Raid.  Details of extras etc  :

1.       Spare (new) plastics – Tank, fairing, side shrouds and front mudguard.

2.       Original Pipe. It has an Alfie Cox pipe fitted.

3.       Spare gear lever.

4.       Tank bag.

5.       Fairing bag.

6.       New Hyde headlight protector – still in packaging.

7.       Side Stand (and has original centre stand).

8.       Tyres (Maxis) are both still good.

Considering that it is an ’05 the bike is in great condition. It has after all only done an average of 2 800 k’s a year.  There are however a few “issues”  :

1.       The speedo plastic is cracked. Does not leak.

2.       The one headlight lens is broken (behind the protector) but the light still works.

3.       The front rim has a smiley (ding).

4.       The front brake lever is bent (not broken).

Price : R50 000.00 unfortunately not negotiable

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 599
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 603