• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: Triumph Tiger Explorer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDR

Grey Hound
Administrator
Reaction score
I am putting up my 2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer for sale.

I bought it as a demo from KMSA in 2012, and it has been a fantastic companion over the last (7 - can't believe it) years.  Has also been reliable AF - just one single loose radiator hose issue.  The motor is an absolute gem - torque (121Nm @ 6400) everywhere, and plenty power (101kW @ 9300).  Check out these curves!
adventure-touring-shootout-torque-dyno1.jpg

adventure-touring-shootout-hp-dyno1.jpg

It is a mile muncher of note - 1000km days are a breeze (comfy seats, cruise control, wind protection).  Pillion accommodations are ample and luxurious - ladies love the heated seat!  And it has 16000km service intervals, so there's no stopping halfway on your long trip for a service.  I have relatively good fuel consumption from it (~20 km/l average on the highway), giving you about a 400km range from the 20l tank.  It will get thirsty when you push on a little though.

It has ~47000km on the odo, and is in very good condition.
Best colour: caspian blue.
FSH with Triumph agents.
All recalls done.
License valid until August 2019.
New Anakee IIIs fitted.

Tons of extras:
  Triumph panniers
  Triumph lower crash bars
  Triumph bash plate
  Triumph off road footpegs (rider only)
  Triumph radiator guard
  Triumph headlight guard
  Triumph handguards
  Triumph spotlights
  Triumph heated grips
  Triumph heated seats (rider and pillion)
  Triumph auxiliary power socket (under rear rack)
  Triumph TPMS
  Triumph Arrow slip-on
  Triumph paint protection film and tank guard
  SW-Motech handlebar raisers

In addition, unfitted, I have a mounting plate and hardware to mount an SW-Motech Trax topbox.

I also have (all unused) original parts:
  Seats
  Exhaust
  Grips
  Plastic engine guard

There are some very small niggles:
  The main stand stop rubber mounting is slightly shortened, so clearance with the swingarm is slightly compromised when the rear suspension is at full extension.
  The reflector under the number plate was removed by one of my dogs in a cat chasing incident.  The number plate is also not perfectly straight because of this.  They are truly sorry about it :)
  I had some renovations done at my house and there was some paint splatter on the bike.  I got all of it off (thanks to the paint protection film) aside from some spots on the controls and handlebar.  I'm nervous to go at it with turpentine or some such, for fear of causing permanent damage, but I'm sure someone with the correct know-how will be able to sort this out easily.
  The heated grips are showing some wear.  To replace, a complete, new set of heated grips is a bit expensive.
  The RHS pannier has some damage from clipping a temporary roadworks chevron.  I will have this repaired for the sale*.
  The service indicator has just come on - service will be done for the sale*.

All this for the absolute bargain price of R 90,000 R 85,000, negotiable (depending on the costs of *).

And of course, :useless: so...

Attachments

• T1.JPG
    T1.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 583
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 578
  • T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 579
  • LHS.jpg