• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Solution for a lockable GPS bracket ZUMO 660 at a decent price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryblogs

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hello Dogs,
I ride a BMW 1200 GSA (2009 model)
I was on the market for a Touratech lockable bracket for my Zumo 660...but since this GPS is no longer manufactured, the lockable bracket from Touratech became quite a scare product to find.
If you manage to find one new; it will cost you over R4K
the various 2nd hand brackets that I have seen on this commercial section goes in view hours and often over R2k.

I ride a BMW 1200 GSA (2009 model), and the problem of that Touratech bracket can not be move forward or backward...which I find a problem when riding standing up because the winscreen support bar is too close to the screen and refrain the devise to be face up while riding off road (standing up).

I found a cheaper and better solution:
- You buy the various items needed of the latest BMW LC from your dealership: cost R750.00
- the advantage is that you do not need another key...your MBW key will be se same for your ignitiation, your panniers and top box and the same for your GPS bracket.
- I got a bracket to fit the 16mm bar (bar supporting the winscreen) with its support plate from ROST (Mr. Steve COLDRON) who very kindly manufactured the needed bracket and its support plate (inodised in black). He told me that the bracket and its support plate could be sold by Pauli from GPS4AFRICA. I guess that the cost of the bracket would be around R1'000.00 (pauli to decided of course).

So I have a great lockable bracket at an affordable price with the same key to be used.
it is my first time posting pics...so I am not sure of the result

Attachments

• 1. bracket on 16mm windscreen bar.jpg
    1. bracket on 16mm windscreen bar.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 2. Bracket on 16mm windscreen bar.jpg
    2. Bracket on 16mm windscreen bar.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 3. plate that get fixed on top of the bracket.jpg
    3. plate that get fixed on top of the bracket.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 4. plate that get fixed on top of the bracket.jpg
    4. plate that get fixed on top of the bracket.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 5. locakble bracket case from BMW.jpg
    5. locakble bracket case from BMW.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 6. locakble bracket case from BMW.jpg
    6. locakble bracket case from BMW.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 7. locakble bracket case from BMW.jpg
    7. locakble bracket case from BMW.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 8. Power supply mounted onto the locakble case; which is screwed onto the plate.jpg
    8. Power supply mounted onto the locakble case; which is screwed onto the plate.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 9. Power supply mounted onto the locakble case; which is screwed onto the plate.jpg
    9. Power supply mounted onto the locakble case; which is screwed onto the plate.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 10. the unit mounted. GPS Zumo 660 fits like a glove inside its locable case.jpg
    10. the unit mounted. GPS Zumo 660 fits like a glove inside its locable case.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 151