Something different â?? A Tri Mode Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
2 wheels, 4 wheels and 3 wheels with Wings!

The planning for this trip was a little sporadic, as usual.  :)

I take it as - time is short -  and thereforeâ?¦. seize the moment. No sense in those months ahead plans!

This â??fly by the seat of your pantsâ?? approach has mostly led to interesting adventures, but not always been well received, especially by the better halves, and not only mine.

They just donâ??t understand mans finely developed hunter and adventurer instinct that weâ??re cursed with.

I keep on reminding da missus that I donâ??t do these trips for the fun of it, its always tiring, dangerous and hard on the body. Its just one of those things we HAVE to doâ?¦â?¦you know, like work.  ;)

I think sheâ??s starting to understand, cause when I tell her about the next trip, she doesnâ??t talk or even look at me for a few daysâ?¦.â?¦.you know, to let me rest. Shes so good to me!

The trip typically start as a little spark of imagination during a dop session with da chinas, and by the 4th  or 6th Jaegermeister, the mood burst to life and talks of endless trails and possibilities fire up! 8)

â?¦these dialogues normally go something like:

Dawg 1 :    â??hey, bruâ?¦..I need to do a trip away again!â??
Dawg 2:      â??Ja, me tooâ?¦.. what about Doringbaai?â??
Dawg 3:      â??Jissisâ?¦...remember that time we did those prawns in the fireplace at Georgeâ??s pub?â?¦..and the bike in the bar?â??
Dawg 1:      â??Weâ??ll take all those back roads Iâ??ve been Googelingâ??

....and so the excitement and possibilities build, and before you know it, those phone calls are being madeâ?¦.. to summon the other usual criminals.

For some, breaking this news to the missus comes the same or next dayâ?¦.....for others, its the day before the trip.  :-\

Us clever okes always use the days leading to the trip to smoothe the way with the misus. ��supper at La Romantica, movies, walks on the bieetch.

If you think riding 1000km is tiring, all that romantic stuff is moer-of-a tiring. â?¦.â?¦and at the end of all that, you probably still end up with:
â??....ag common pussycat, all the other guys are goingâ?¦â?¦.im gonna be the only doos left hereâ?¦.ag common sweety-pieâ??

So it was: Wanabe, Fourie Kop, Myreself on 2 wheels (da bikers)�� John and Anton on 4 wheels (da ground support) ��.and Jan and his Heavy on 3 wheels with wings (da Air support)

I'm gonna do this 'the 5 pic at a time' way, just to dof to do the other internet stuffs.

Wanabee and I left Stellies via all the dirty back roads, fok dit was nat....maar pret.

Attachments

• P1010109.JPG
    P1010109.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC06138-s.jpg
    DSC06138-s.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 348
  • P1010123.JPG
    P1010123.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 344
  • P1010114.JPG
    P1010114.JPG