Sorry boss, are you alright?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jannie46

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I stopped at the robot as I came off the highway. In the left lane at the robot were two trucks, front one broken down and the one behind trying to get out from behind the one in the front. I could see that the driver was a bit impatient. Next moment I felt this strange thing, the one where your bike jumps to the front because you let the clutch lever slip. Shit, I thought, why did I let the lever slip? Looked down and saw the lever still pulled in firmly. Looked behind me and saw a red Jetta tight against the bike's rear. Then I realized this guy bumped me ever so slightly from the back, probably also distracted by the impatient driver of the truck. I pulled off, did a quick inspection, luckily no damage because he hit the rear tyre. Got back on the bike, answered the guy that I am alright, and took off as the robot has already turned green.

Then I got a "skrik" and that old question, WHAT IF?, came to mind. Lesson learnt, make up your mind quickly. In this instance I dwelt too long wondering what the truck driver was going to do instead of paying more attention to the rear view mirrors.