Strange behaviour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billbob

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Yesterday I took a ride out Magalisburg way and on the way back took the dirt road over the mountain past the towers and down Maanhaarrand pass. Found a guy (don't think he is a WD) standing on the side of the road next to his Dakar which was all busted up. He says he was maybe going a bit fast hit a rock and the front washed out on the bend, this was the first bend from the towers going north. I waited with him and helped load the bike onto his mates bakkie when they arrived. Whilst waiting for his mates to arrive a guy in a 3 series BMW came past, also going north ??? Could hear him bumping and grinding his way down over the wash aways filled with rocks. What would make a person take a road car up a road that is at best a bukkie with difflock dirt road ??? :-\
Once we had loaded the Dakar I continued up to the towers and stopped for a smoke break and to check out the view. Two quads arrived and a youngster on a KTM 250. Both quads were drived by guys with wives on the back. Shorts, plakkies no helmets nothing? The second quad kept stalling on the beginning of the track up to the towers because the rider kept the front break tightly gripped in his paw.  :eek: After all  this mind numming seriously stupid action I continued south and home for some much needed liquid refreshment and to mull over the strange actions of some people.