Sunday ride to Porcelain Kiln

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKbDrvTM8_M
:3some:Anton, Albertus and I met at the One Stop N1 Engen on Sunday morning and soon took off onto the gravel at Tygerberg Zoo and after suffering lots of dust exited at Eenzaamheid farm.
After another small gravel diversion we were soon near Wellington and then onto the Loch Lady road before turning again onto gravel and the start of the Porcelain road.
Dust, dust and more dust plus plenty of church goers facing us head on with some on our side of the road. Made the trip slightly more exciting.
The highlight of the trip was a stop at the Porcelain kiln built in 1901 with many photo opportunities for Anton and Albertus.
Next stop and most important was brunch at Eds Diner in Riebeeckasteel and his latest really hotted up Ford Cortina in immaculate condition. But unfortunately already sold to some lucky person from across the ocean.
Breakfast over we headed to Riebbeck West and onto the Malmesbury road circling the Kasteel.
Today this road is very sandy and corrugated. Enough to shake my number plate loose but thanks to Zip ties it will most probably hold until I sell the bike.
Malmesbury  reached with no further drama and back on the tar before reaching the long stopping stretches on the way to Durbanville as the crew resurface the road.
The last piece of excitement was watching some unlucky Eskom employee dangling 10m under a helicopter as he cleaned the insulators with about 600 000 volts crackling around him.
Another great ride with two Wilddog riders.
Short Youtube snippet attached