Suspension Q&A - KTM 950 Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d-boer

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
Hi,

I ride a '04 KTM 950 Adventure. Up until now I mainly used it for weekend out rides over as rough as I can find terrain. For this I set the suspension to the "Driving Sport" setting as per the owners manual.  This has been working great and the bike handles the rough stuff like it should.  Recently though I have been using it more regularly to commute between JHB and PTA.  The problem I have is that due to the "Quality" work SANRAL is doing I now end up with lower back pain from all the humps and bumps on the highways.  I have then tried the "Driving Comfort" setting, which turned out to be an improvement.  I have however set it even "softer" now to my own custom setting using the "Driving Comfort" setting as guideline.

My questions are:

1)  Is it bad for my suspension to change the setting regularly, "sport" on weekends and back to "comfort" Monday morning, on a weekly basis?

2)  Is it bad for my suspension to set it at its "softest", way softer than the owners manual's "Driving Comfort"?

Thank you,
Boer

Attachments

• 950 seat.JPG
    950 seat.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 100