• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Suzuki GS850G Project bike for sale or swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovaT

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Chang Jiang (all models)
I hope it's ok to put this bike up here considering it's not an adventure bike...?

Suzuki GS850G Shaft drive - 1981 model.

I bought the bike 2 years ago. When I bought it the top end was open and barrels were off because a gudgeon pin circlip had come loose and the gudgeon pin had run a groove in the one sleeve so the bike was smoking. I sourced a second hand sleeve, piston+rings and had the old sleeve pressed out and the 'new' sleeve pressed in.

A 'friend' was helping me put the bike back together, he was one of those chaps that knows how to do everything, he can do EVERYthing and knows ANYthing - you know the type? He decided it was a good idea to make the head gasket out of flexoid  ??? I told him it wouldn't work, but he knew everything and convinced me that he had done it before on his uncles bike and it works lekker, as long as you use indian head with it  ???  So we piece the bike back together and VOILA! What do you know, it starts! ... and then the head gasket blew!!  :deal: Told him to stuff off I will do it myself, only to find out weeks later that he had come back to my garage while I was away and stole tools of mine ... but that's another story! For another day...

The bike has now been standing in my garage for the past 2 years, I had a head gasket and tappet cover gasket professionally made up and that's as far as I ever got...

Papers are in order, the bike is registered in my name.

I would like to swop this bike for a running single cylinder bike of any capacity with papers in order. Just no chinese bikes please.

Cash offers are also welcome.

The bike is in PE.

oh72six41738four

Some pics...