Swartberg Pass Recce ... for Trailrider of course!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirGravellot

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NXR 125
:banghead: So, some of us (jealous :sad2: ) ones could not go on the truly epic ride... so I decided to KKNK a bit & go camping at Kango Mountain Resort +- 20 km outside Oudtshoorn. Coincidentally :wink: it was just about the same distance to the Swartberg Pass..

So I decided to do a recce and see what the condition is like so I could warn Trailrider if needed be - seeing as I am such a good friend & all :lol: . It was obvious that there was a lot of smoke in the atmosphere and it soon became evident why...

White is the new Black - and Black the new White?!

There was still beauty in the contrasts...

At "The Plantasie", just before the "Hotelletjie" the trees where still smouldering...

Closer to the top the unscathed sections begged for the "ol' classic Swartberg pics" ..

and...

This was no match tho for the summit (1583m) and the view towards Prince Albert...orgasmic:

On the next pic you can stil see the fire raging and spreading over the Gamkaskloof road towards Die Hell...

On the way back it was just time for one last gimme-pic and back to camp for another day...