Sym Crox 125: Owners assessment...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serfie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
After 4 months and 670km I must admit that this purchase was probably one of the best (practically speaking) of my 36 years biking experiences.

On the plus side the following points need mentioning.  ;D

34km/l in city/town riding, provided the throttle is not continuously floored. The brakes are very good, the luggage compartment under the seat is big enough and if it's not, larger objects can even be transported between your legs on the floor board.

The engine is powerful enough to keep ahead of the traffic from robot to robot and doesn't take too severe a knock with a pillion. The scoot is so light and nimble
in town and parking is never a problem...even on the pavement will do...

The only annoying issue is that on a cold start-up, the throttle must be applied for about 30 seconds to prevent the engine from dying. No amount of fiddling with the idling screw could solve this to date...

Admittedly it is still early days and the first service is due at 1000km, but this little machine brings only smiles when I'm scooting around town...  :biggrin:

And no...I'm not a dealer of any sorts... if this sounds like an advert for the Sym, it's just because it's so damn nice to own and to ride!  :deal:

Attachments

• DSC02037.JPG
    DSC02037.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC02039.JPG
    DSC02039.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 504