TA XL700V service spares

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakar wanabe

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
Good day,

So, looks like I will be getting my TA over the weekend  :ricky:, so a couple of questions though regarding service spares.

1. Cost and availability of air filter?? Original and aftermarket.
2. I know there is an aftermarket oil filter for the TA available from Midas, can't remember the model nr though ??? ???
3. What oil do you use, and why??
4. Suppose spark plugs (and oil filter) are freely available from almost any motorcycle store? (given that you know the part or model nr)

I got a service / repair manual for the TA and will use it when doing repairs or work on it, anything particular that I must watch out for regarding normal servicing?

Looking quite forward to my new (new to me) ride.

Bike comes equipped with a lot of extras

Givi Topbox
Givi screen
Stealth exhaust pipe
12v Socket
Crash bars
Centre stand
Pannier racks
Nearly new Mitas 07 tyres front & rear
LED spotlights mounted to crash bars

Would like to add the following, please indicate where I can find the parts and pricing??

1. Good hand guards
2. Sump guard / bash plate
3. Pro taper handlebar - Would this make a difference?? I have read that on a lot of dual purpose bikes the alloy handlebars are much better then the heavy steel ones that are standard OEM  ??? ???

First on my list of upgrades would be to do a tubeless conversion on the TA, I have done this with great success on my KLE, best thing I have ever done to my bike :biggrin: :biggrin:

Looking forward to your replies

Thanks
DW